Clinical Material in The Hospital
DEPARTMENT WISE BED STRENGTH
|NAME OF THE DEPARTMENT||NO. OF BEDS IN POSITION|
|Kayachikitsa (Panchakarma,Manasa Roga & Vajeekarana & others)||
|Prasuti Tantra & Stri roga||
Intake capacity of BAMS course is 100 seats
Post- graduation courses:
|Ayurveda Samhita and Siddhanta||12|
|Rasa Shastra & Bhaishajya Kalpana||6|
|Swathavritta & Yoga||6|
|Manovigyana avum Manas Roga||6|
|Roganidana avum Vikriti Vigyana||6|
|Agad Tantra avum VidhiVaidyaka||6|
- E- Samshodhana- International Webinar Series on “Opportunities & Challenges in Medical Research” was held from 19th Aug 2020 to 28th August 2020
- “PIYUSHA 2020” National Webinar series on World Breastfeeding week organized by Dept. of Kaumarabhritya in association with Rotary Hassan Midtown from 1st to 7th Aug 2020
- Jeevaka Sambhasha 2020- Webinar Series held from 25th August 2020 to 28th August 2020 on Diseases & management of pediatric disorders
- A webinar on “Art of popular article writing” for faculty of SDM Ayurveda Colleges was conducted on 16th Sep 2020 by Dr. Vasundhara Bhupati, Writer, Bangalore
- A Webinar was held on 6th Oct 2020 on the eve of World Cerebral Palsy Day. Mrs Rukmini Krishna Swamy, Director, Spastics Society of Karnataka was the resource person
- A Webinar on the occasion of World Mental Health Day was organized by Dept. of Mano Vigyan avum Manasa Roga on 10th October 2020. Dr. Veerupaksha Devarmane, Consultant psychiatrist, Udupi & Dr. Jayant Mahadevan, Asst. Professor, NIMHANS, Bangalore were the resource personnel
- Workshops on “Art of scientific writing” & “Synopsis writing” were conducted on 21st & 22nd of Jan 2020 & the resource person was Dr. Yogini Kulkarni, Professor & Head, Dept. of Research Methodology, PDEA’s College of Ayurveda & Research Centre, Pune
- Pharmacovigilance awareness program of ASU & H drugs & reporting of adverse drug reactions for nursing staff of the teaching hospital, Hassan was conducted in Feb 2020. Dr. Janaki KV, Programme Assistant, Peripheral Pharmacovigilance Centre, SDMCAH, Hassan deliberated on the topic
- Dept. of Manasa Roga organized a lecture with case presentation and demonstration by Dr Bharghavi, Consultant psychiatrist held on 25th Feb 2020
- Yoga training session to Nursing staff was conducted in Feb 2020
- A Guest lecture on “awareness of breast cancer” by Dr. Savithri, Gynecologist, Malnad Nursing Home, Hassan was held on 10th March 2020
- An enlightening online lecture on Online Education- a new mode of disseminating knowledge by Dr. Yashovarma B, Secretary, SDMES, Ujire to all the faculty members of SDM Ayurveda institutes on 5th July 2020
- A Motivational talk by Dr. B N Ramesh, IPS officer on “Health, Happiness & Harmony” was held on 5th Aug 2020
- Guest lecture by Dr. U K Krishna, Director, Nippon Ayurveda School, Tokyo, Japan on 24th Dec 2020 on “Adhyapana Vidhi” for 1st year BAMS student and faculty
- Fire safety training program held on 16th March 2020
- Fire safety measure training programme conducted from 23th to 24th Dec 2020 to staff members by Karnataka Fire and Emergency services, Mysore Zone, Mysore and District Fire Officer, Hassan.
- A Webinar on “Research writing” was conducted on 18th Jan 2019 by Dr. S A Savrikar from MUHS, Nasik
- A Synopsis writing workshop was conducted for PG Scholars on 19th Feb 2019.
- A scientific writing workshop was conducted on 21st Feb 2019 for PG Scholars and faculty.
- A Workshop on Anti-Ragging Act was conducted in the institute on 29th Aug 2019 for students.
- Taittiriya Upanishad Bhashya was organized from 23rd to 28th June 2019, resource person was Professor, GiridharShastri
Faculty empowerment program
- Abhiyanam- a HRD program for faculty empowerment & student development was organized on 5th, 6th& 7th June 2019 respectively. The resource persons were Dr. Shikaripura Krishnamurthy, Retd. Prof & Master Facilitator in HRD & Sri NagarajRao MK, HRD Facilitator for Govt. of India.
- A guest lecture was given by DrAshvin V.P,Asst.Professor, Dept. of Pathology, SDM College of Naturopathy & Yogic Sciences, Ujire on “Center for excellence by Ministry of AYUSH forSDMCNYES, Ujire” in Jan 2019
- A guest lecture on “Applications of Namburi Phased spot test” was given by DrBasavaraj Y Ganti,Principal, N.A.Magdum Ayurveda College, Ankali,Chikkodi in Jan 2019
- A guest lecture on “Teaching online courses, educational collaboration & participation in various conferences abroad” by Dr. ShekharAnnambhotla, Founder AAPNA, USA was held on 18th Jan 2019
- A guest lecture on “Scope & opportunities for Ayurveda Graduates abroad” by Dr. ShekharAnnambhotla, Founder AAPNA, USA was held on 22nd Jan 2019
- A motivational guest lecture on “Clinical practice in Ayurveda” by Dr. SrinivasAcharya, Professor, Dept. of Kayachikitsa, SDMCAH, Udupi was held on 21st Jan 2019
- A guest lecture on “Workplace well- being” by Prof Dwarkanath A R, Former Corporate Wellness Trainer, SDMIMD, Mysore was held on 7th Feb 2019
- A guest lecture on “Different dimensions of Time” by Sri Vijaya Kumar, Adjunct Prof Christ University, Bengaluru was conducted on 23rd Feb 2019
- A guest lecture on “Basic of understanding the Autopsy” & “Autopsy Findings in dead body caused by poisonous substances including any unique cases in career experience” by Dr. Vishwanath, Professor, Dept. of Forensic Medicine & Toxicology, HIMS, Hassan was held on 22nd May 2019
- A guest lecture on “Addressing sexual concerns in Clinical practice” by Dr. GajananBhat, Consulting Urologist, Sirsi was conducted on 25th May 2019.
- A guest lecture on “ECG” was held in June 2019 by DrNiranjankumar, Professor & Consultant, SDM Institute of Ayurveda & Hospital, Bangalore
- A guest lecture on “Applied aspects of child psychology” was conducted on 8th June 2019 in the college by Dept. of Kaumarabhritya& Dept. of Manasaroga. The resource person Dr. Sunitha K S, Psychiatrist, Mani Hospital, Hassan put light on the issues of child psychology, various theories, autism, learning disabilities and its management.
- A guest lecture on “Recent trends in Joint replacement surgeries” was conducted on 28th June 2019. The resource persons were Dr. Nikhil R Bhat, Consultant Orthopedic Surgeon, Hemavathi Hospital, Hassan & Dr. PrakashBhat, Pediatrician, Hemavathi Hospital, Hassan.
- A guest lecture & interactive session on “Role of Youth in Nation building” was held on 15th June 2019. The guest speaker was Sri Su. Ramanna and he motivated the young medicos of their roles and responsibilities as civilians and also sensitized them to be active role models for others.
- A guest lecture on “Ayurveda Management of Common Pediatric Disorders” byDrNishaOjha, Professor, National Institute of Ayurveda, Jaipur was held on 23rd Aug 2019
- A guest lecture on “Ayurvedic Management of common respiratory diseases in pediatric practice” byDrChethan Kumar V.K, Professor & HOD, Taranath Government Ayurvedic Medical College, Bellary was held on 23rd Aug 2019
- A guest lecture on “Recent Advances in Shalyatantra” by Dr. Ajay Kumar Gupta, Professor & HOD, Government Ayurveda College, Haridwar was held on 24th Aug 2019
- Motivational lecture on “Challenges and responsibilities in Medical profession” by Dr.Ravikumar, Director, Hassan Institute of Medical Sciences, Hassan was held in Aug 2019
- Motivational lecture on “Opportunities in Ayurveda Profession” by Ajay Kumar Gupta, Professor & HOD, Government Ayurveda College, Haridwarwas held in Aug 2019
- Motivational lecture on “An insight into academia at Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences” by Dr.SrinivasBannigol, Executive member, CCIM was held in Aug 2019
- Motivational lecture on “Successful Ayurveda Medical Practice” by Dr. GajananHegde, Professor & HOD, Government Ayurveda College, Mysorewas held in Aug 2019
- Motivational lecture on “Welcome to the world of Ayurveda” by Dr. U K Krishna, Director, Nippon Ayurveda School, Japan was held in Aug 2019
- A guest lecture on “Application of Dhatu PoshanaNyayas” by Dr. ParameshwaraHiremath, Assistant Professor, KriyaShareer, SJGAMC, Kopal was held on 31st Oct 2019
- A guest lecture on “AyurvedicPanchakarmafor the management of Diabetes” by Dr. Gurubasavaraj, Professor, JSSAMC, Mysore was held on 18th Nov 2019
- A guest lecture on “Fire of wellness- Agni” & “Blue print of Human beings- Prakruti” was held for UG Students by Dr. U K Krishna, Nippon School of Ayurveda, Japan on 26th Nov 2019
- A guest lecture on “Anti-Aging” by Dr U .K Krishna, Director, Nippon Ayurveda School, Japan was held on 18th Dec 2019
- A guest lecture on “Palliative care” by Dr.Vibha& Sri. RamkrishnaMudre, Swamy Vivekananda Youth movement, Hassan was held in Dec 2019
- A guest lecture on “Management of rare disorders in children” by Dr. M V Anilkumar, Professor Govt. Ayurveda College, Kerala was held on 28th Dec 2019
- An interaction was held with Rajesh Kotecha, Secretary, Govt. of India, Ministry of AYUSH, New Delhi with faculty and students on 11th May 2019. Sir, spoke on the various initiatives like Ayushman Bharat, research grants, protecting of endangered plants, etc. taken by the ministry to uplift the AYUSH sector.
Dr. J S Thakur, Professor, Dept. of Community Medicine & School of Public Health, PGIMER, Chandigarh gave talk in the institute on 14th Nov 2019. An initial meeting was held on collaboration in research on integrative community medicine with Dept. of Community Medicine, PGI, Chandigarh
Faculty Development Program
- Faculty Development Program “Anvikshaki” was conducted on 28th Jan 2018 on research Proposal
writing for Teaching Staff
- The 20th annual Conference of Indian Society of Wound Management (ISWM) “Woundcon 2018” was organized from 16th to 18th March 2018, there were 3 orations, 4 workshops and 63 invited speeches in the conference.
- A webinar was displayed on “Tatva pravesha” organized by SDL India on 14th June 2018
- Breast feeding week was celebrated in association with Rotary Club, Hassan on 6th Aug 2018
- National Nutritional week celebrations were conducted on 6th Sep 2018 in association with Royal Rotary Club, Hassan
- A State level Workshop was conducted on 25th Jan 2018 by Dept. of Prasuti Tantra & Stree roga “Suvidha”
- Synopsis writing workshop for I year PG Scholars was conducted on 27th Jan 2018
- Skill Development program “Anvikshaki” was conducted on 29th Jan 2018 for final year Post Graduate Scholars
- A workshop “Disha- The direction” on Holistic Personality Development for Post Graduate Scholars on 30th Jan 2018
- Samartha Bharata- Youth empowerment program for making new India was organized on 19th January 2018, Dr. Rajesh Padmar, Bengaluru addressed the students
- A workshop on “Leadership development” was conducted and the speaker was Dr. Seetharam MR on 1st Feb 2018
- Workshop on Manuscriptology in association with University of Mysore was conducted on 28th Feb 2018
- A day’s workshop “Disha- The Direction” on Career guidance for Internees was conducted on 28th April 2018.
- Personality Development – To Youth through youth” was conducted on 23rd June 2018 and the resource person was Dr Saraswati Hegde
Teaching Module & Lesson Planning Workshop
- Teaching Module & Lesson Planning Workshop was conducted in Dept. of Kaumarabhritya on 1st Jan 2018, in Dept. of Shalya Tantra on 15th Feb 2018 and in Dept. of Shalakya Tantra on 15th Feb 2018
- A Continued Medical Education program on Epilepsy was conducted in the institute on 31st March 2017 by Dept. of Kaumarabhritya& Dept. of Manasaroga. It was conducted in association with BGS Gleneagles Global Hospital, Bengaluru. The resource person was Dr. Madhusudhan B. K, Neurologist, Gleneagles Global Hospital, Bengaluru.
- CME for Nurses was conducted from 1st May 2017 to 6th May 2017 sponsored by Dept. of AYUSH.
- A CME on Pain management “Prashamani” was conducted on 16th Oct 2017.
- A CME “KriyaSameeksha” was organized by Dept. of KriyaShareera on 3rd Nov 2017.
- A CME on “Recent advances in Stroke management” was conducted by the Dept. of Kayachikitsa, Manasaroga& Dept. of Kaumarabhritya on 28th Dec 2017.
Faculty Development Program
- Faculty Development program was conducted on 29th Aug 2017. Dr. M.S. Baghel, Former Director, IPGT & RA, GAU, Gujarat, Former Chairman, Ayurveda Chair, University of Debrecen, Hungary addressed on “Ayurvedic Orientation towards clinical research”.
- Training for Teachers Program was held in the institute on 22nd& 23rd September 2017, conducted by CCIM. Teachers from various institutes underwent the training program that enriched the teaching skills of teachers.
- MR Vaccine Sensitization Program was conducted on 2nd Feb 2017 for PG scholars. The resource persons were Dr. Timmaiah, Taluk Health Officer, Alur and Dr. Shiva Gowda, Health Officer, Hassan.
- A workshop was conducted on “Opportunities & Challenges in Ayurveda” for PG Scholars& staff on 17th March 2017.
- A workshop on Fire safety was conducted to the faculty on 18th April 2017.
- A workshop on Safe riding was conducted for female students and staff on 19th April 2017.
- National Workshop on “Recent Advances in Brain Research”was conducted from 25th to 27th May 2017 by Dept. of Manasaroga&Dept. of Kaumarabhritya.
- Workshop on ‘Youth Empowerment’was conducted on 8th June2017. Sri P PChaudhary, Union Minster for Law & Justice, Electronics Information & Technology of State, Govt. of India &Sri Lehar Singh MLC, Government of Karnataka addressed the students.
- A workshop on “Abstract writing for scientific presentations” was arranged in the institute on 8th June 2017. The resource person was Dr. Ram Manohar, Director, Centre for advance research, Amrita School of Ayurveda, Kollam and the session was chaired by Brother SankaraChaitanya, Managing Director, Amrita School of Ayurveda, Kollam.
- Workshop on Research Protocol was conducted on 17th Aug 2017. Dr. Gurdip Singh, Former Dean, IPGT & RA & Dr. MangalaGowri, Associate Prof., Dept. of Swasthavritta, AIIA, New Delhi deliberated on the topic.
- Workshop on “Herbal Drug Evaluation” was conducted by Dept. of Dravyaguna on 8th Sep. 2017
- A National Workshop “Twachyam- an Agada perspective” was organized by Dept. of Agada Tantra on 1st Nov. 2017.
- Skill Development Workshop for Practicing Ayurveda Surgeons was conducted on 12th December, 2017by Dept. of Shalya Tantra.
- Workshop on Skill development in Clinical research was jointly organized with Hassan Institute of Medical Sciences, Hassan on 18th Dec 2017.
SDM Inter Ayurveda Colleges Lesson Plan &Teaching Methodology Workshop
- Workshop on Lesson planning & teaching methodology in Sanskrit &Ashtanga Hrudayawas conducted in the Institution from 21st to 23rd of August 2017
- Workshop on Lesson planning & teaching modules of Swasthavritta was organized from 26th to 27th Sept 2017.
- Workshop on Lesson planning & teaching modules of Kayachikitsa was conducted from 19th Dec to 21st Dec 2017.
Continuing Medical Education on Panchakarma
- A Continuing Medical Education on Panchakarma for teachers of Panchakarma was held in the College campus from 22nd Feb to 27th Feb 2016. The CME was sponsored by Ministry of AYUSH, Government of India and co-ordinated by Rastriya Ayurveda Vidyapith, New Delhi.
Workshop on enhancing learning abilities
- A workshop on enhancing learning abilities was held for Undergraduate students and staff on 18th March 2016. Dr. Krishna Prasad M. S, Former Dean Srinivasa Institute of Medical Sciences and Research Centre, Mangalore spoke on the topic and gave suggestions and plans on improvising learning abilities.
Training program on Bio Medical Waste Management
- A training program on Bio Medical Waste Management was conducted for the Post Graduate scholars of the institute on 5th Feb 2016. A team of resource personnel from Karnataka State Pollution Control Board, Hassan comprising of Sri. K.V. Shiva Kumar, Regional Officer, Karnataka State Pollution Control Board, Hassan, Ms. Tanzila, Assistant Environment Officer, Karnataka State Pollution Control Board, Hassan and Mr. Vidyaraj, V.V. Insin Solutions Private Limited, Hassan was present. Mr. Vidyaraj emphasized on the importance of bio medical waste segregation as per colour coded bags.
Workshop on Scientific Writing
- Research and Development Committee of the college conducted a day’s “Workshop on scientific writing” on 20th January 2016 for Postgraduate scholars, 26th August & 3rd November 2016 for Faculty, to promote and inculcate culture of publication of research.
Neonatal Resuscitation Program
- College in collaboration with Indian Academy of Paediatrics and National Neonatology Forum has conducted hands on training program on neonatal resuscitation and new born care on April 30th and May 1st 2016. Hands on training, explanations and demos regarding different scenarios arising during and after delivery where intensive care and resuscitation has to be performed were the highlights of the program
Google Apps Training Program
- Google apps training program was conducted for the staff from 7th Sep to 14th Sep 2016 to update the skills of faculty and for utilising in academics to work smartly in rendering knowledge to students.
- A workshop was conducted on 27th Nov on “Thyroid disorders” by Dr. Gopa Kumar, Associate Professor & RMO, Govt. Ayurveda College, Trivandrum.
Recognition of all the courses
SDM AYURVEDA INSTITUTE HASSAN FLAUNTS THE FOLLOWING LIST OF ESTEEMED RECOGNITIONS
- Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences, Karnataka, Bangalore affiliation for BAMS & MD/ MS Ayurveda courses for the academic year 2020-21 reference RGUHS/ AFF/ AYUSH (AYURVEDA)/ Notification/ 2020-21 dated 01- 12- 2020
- Permission for BAMS & MD/ MS Ayurveda course Govt. of India, Ministry of AYUSH, New Delhi for the academic session 2020-21 reference no. L- 14014/ 39/ 2020- EP (1) dated 11-11-2020
- Recognition of institute for PhD Ayurveda from 2020- 21 for 3 years no. RGUHS/ACA/AFF/ Ph. D/ Cont./ SDM/ 2020- 21 dated 6-11-2020