Seminars Conducted in the year 2018
Faculty Development Program
Faculty Development Program “Anvikshaki” was conducted on 28th Jan 2018 on research Proposal writing for Teaching Staff
The 20th annual Conference of Indian Society of Wound Management (ISWM) “Woundcon 2018” was organized from 16th to 18th March 2018, there were 3 orations, 4 workshops and 63 invited speeches in the conference
A webinar was displayed on “Tatva pravesha” organized by SDL India on 14th June 2018
Breast feeding week was celebrated in association with Rotary Club, Hassan on 6th Aug 2018
National Nutritional week celebrations were conducted on 6th Sep 2018 in association with Royal Rotary Club, Hassan
A State level Workshop was conducted on 25th Jan 2018 by Dept. of Prasuti Tantra & Stree roga “Suvidha”
Synopsis writing workshop for I year PG Scholars was conducted on 27th Jan 2018
Skill Development program “Anvikshaki” was conducted on 29th Jan 2018 for final year Post Graduate Scholars
A workshop “Disha- The direction” on Holistic Personality Development for Post Graduate Scholars on 30th Jan 2018
Samartha Bharata- Youth empowerment program for making new India was organized on 19th January 2018, Dr. Rajesh Padmar, Bengaluru addressed the students
A workshop on “Leadership development” was conducted and the speaker was Dr. Seetharam MR on 1st Feb 2018
Workshop on Manuscriptology in association with University of Mysore was conducted on 28th Feb 2018
A day’s workshop “Disha- The Direction” on Career guidance for Internees was conducted on 28th April 2018.
Personality Development – To Youth through youth” was conducted on 23rd June 2018 and the resource person was Dr Saraswati Hegde
Teaching Module & Lesson Planning Workshop
Teaching Module & Lesson Planning Workshop was conducted in Dept. of Kaumarabhritya on 1st Jan 2018, in Dept. of Shalya Tantra on 15th Feb 2018 and in Dept. of Shalakya Tantra on 15th Feb 2018
Seminars Conducted in the year 2017
- A Continued Medical Education program on Epilepsy was conducted in the institute on 31st March 2017 by Dept. of Kaumarabhritya& Dept. of Manasaroga. It was conducted in association with BGS Gleneagles Global Hospital, Bengaluru. The resource person was Dr. Madhusudhan B. K, Neurologist, Gleneagles Global Hospital, Bengaluru.
- CME for Nurses was conducted from 1st May 2017 to 6th May 2017 sponsored by Dept. of AYUSH.
- A CME on Pain management “Prashamani” was conducted on 16th Oct 2017.
- A CME “KriyaSameeksha” was organized by Dept. of KriyaShareera on 3rd Nov 2017.
- A CME on “Recent advances in Stroke management” was conducted by the Dept. of Kayachikitsa, Manasaroga& Dept. of Kaumarabhritya on 28th Dec 2017.
Faculty Development Program
- Faculty Development program was conducted on 29th Aug 2017. Dr. M.S. Baghel, Former Director, IPGT & RA, GAU, Gujarat, Former Chairman, Ayurveda Chair, University of Debrecen, Hungary addressed on “Ayurvedic Orientation towards clinical research”.
- Training for Teachers Program was held in the institute on 22nd& 23rd September 2017, conducted by CCIM. Teachers from various institutes underwent the training program that enriched the teaching skills of teachers.
- MR Vaccine Sensitization Program was conducted on 2nd Feb 2017 for PG scholars. The resource persons were Dr. Timmaiah, Taluk Health Officer, Alur and Dr. Shiva Gowda, Health Officer, Hassan.
- A workshop was conducted on “Opportunities & Challenges in Ayurveda” for PG Scholars& staff on 17th March 2017.
- A workshop on Fire safety was conducted to the faculty on 18th April 2017.
- A workshop on Safe riding was conducted for female students and staff on 19th April 2017.
- National Workshop on “Recent Advances in Brain Research”was conducted from 25th to 27th May 2017 by Dept. of Manasaroga&Dept. of Kaumarabhritya.
- Workshop on ‘Youth Empowerment’was conducted on 8th June2017. Sri P PChaudhary, Union Minster for Law & Justice, Electronics Information & Technology of State, Govt. of India &Sri Lehar Singh MLC, Government of Karnataka addressed the students.
- A workshop on “Abstract writing for scientific presentations” was arranged in the institute on 8th June 2017. The resource person was Dr. Ram Manohar, Director, Centre for advance research, Amrita School of Ayurveda, Kollam and the session was chaired by Brother SankaraChaitanya, Managing Director, Amrita School of Ayurveda, Kollam.
- Workshop on Research Protocol was conducted on 17th Aug 2017. Dr. Gurdip Singh, Former Dean, IPGT & RA & Dr. MangalaGowri, Associate Prof., Dept. of Swasthavritta, AIIA, New Delhi deliberated on the topic.
- Workshop on “Herbal Drug Evaluation” was conducted by Dept. of Dravyaguna on 8th Sep. 2017
- A National Workshop “Twachyam- an Agada perspective” was organized by Dept. of Agada Tantra on 1st Nov. 2017.
- Skill Development Workshop for Practicing Ayurveda Surgeons was conducted on 12th December, 2017by Dept. of Shalya Tantra.
- Workshop on Skill development in Clinical research was jointly organized with Hassan Institute of Medical Sciences, Hassan on 18th Dec 2017.
SDM Inter Ayurveda Colleges Lesson Plan &Teaching Methodology Workshop
- Workshop on Lesson planning & teaching methodology in Sanskrit &Ashtanga Hrudayawas conducted in the Institution from 21st to 23rd of August 2017
- Workshop on Lesson planning & teaching modules of Swasthavritta was organized from 26th to 27th Sept 2017.
- Workshop on Lesson planning & teaching modules of Kayachikitsa was conducted from 19th Dec to 21st Dec 2017.
Seminars & Workshops in 2016
Continuing Medical Education on Panchakarma
- A Continuing Medical Education on Panchakarma for teachers of Panchakarma was held in the College campus from 22nd Feb to 27th Feb 2016. The CME was sponsored by Ministry of AYUSH, Government of India and co-ordinated by Rastriya Ayurveda Vidyapith, New Delhi.
Workshop on enhancing learning abilities
- A workshop on enhancing learning abilities was held for Under Graduate students and staff on 18th March 2016. Dr. Krishna Prasad M. S, Former Dean Srinivasa Institute of Medical Sciences and Research Centre, Mangalore spoke on the topic and gave suggestions and plans on improvising learning abilities.
Training program on Bio Medical Waste Management
- A training program on Bio Medical Waste Management was conducted for the Post Graduate scholars of the institute on 5th Feb 2016. A team of resource personnel from Karnataka State Pollution Control Board, Hassan comprising of Sri. K.V. Shiva Kumar, Regional Officer, Karnataka State Pollution Control Board, Hassan, Ms. Tanzila, Assistant Environment Officer, Karnataka State Pollution Control Board, Hassan and Mr. Vidyaraj, V.V. Insin Solutions Private Limited, Hassan was present. Mr. Vidyaraj emphasized on the importance of bio medical waste segregation as per colour coded bags.
Workshop on Scientific Writing
- Research and Development Committee of the college conducted a day’s “Workshop on scientific writing” on 20th January 2016 for Postgraduate scholars, 26th August & 3rd November 2016 for Faculty, to promote and inculcate culture of publication of research.
Neonatal Resuscitation Program
- College in collaboration with Indian Academy of Paediatrics and National Neonatology Forum has conducted hands on training program on neonatal resuscitation and new born care on April 30th and May 1st 2016. Hands on training, explanations and demos regarding different scenarios arising during and after delivery where intensive care and resuscitation has to be performed were the highlights of the program
Google Apps Training Program
- Google apps training program was conducted for the staff from 7th Sep to 14th Sep 2016 to update the skills of faculty and for utilising in academics to work smartly in rendering knowledge to students.
- A workshop was conducted on 27th Nov on “Thyroid disorders” by Dr. Gopa Kumar, Associate Professor & RMO, Govt. Ayurveda College, Trivandrum.